Wednesday, March 25, 2020 UPDATE:
Video Conference Calls between residents and families are now available! Please use the “Contact Us” page on this website or call Donna Stiller at 863-763-2226, ext 4002 to schedule your visit. Once an appointment has been made for your video visit, we will email you a link to open & start the visit.
Monday, March 23, 2020 UPDATE:
RE: COVID-19 As we continue to follow recommendations from the CDC, AHCA/NCAL and from Local, State and US Governments, the following changes have been implemented as we do our best to keep our residents and your family members safe:
- Families are welcome to call or email Donna Stiller, Chief Nursing Officer, our Family Point of Contact for all Coronavirus questions and issues. She can be reached at (863) 763-2226, extension 4002, or by using our Contact Page here on this website.
- Video Chats between resident and family members are being setup and scheduled visits will begin in short order.
- We have temporarily suspended the receiving or exchanging of ALL clothing or personal items at the door from family members, loved ones, etc. The facility will do laundry for ALL residents in our new off-site laundry facility. Additional staff are assisting with this process.
- Activity and Therapy staff are assisting residents who desire to go outside on a case-by-case basis.
- Daily screening of all staff will continue at beginning of each shift.
- Twice daily screening of all residents will continue as staff monitor for signs & symptoms.
- All staff are wearing masks at all times.
- All staff are wearing gloves when giving direct care to residents.
- All communal dining and group activities have been temporarily suspended.
The good news is that as of 11:00 am today (3/23/2020) there are no positive cases of the Coronavirus in Okeechobee county. To stay up to date please visit the Florida Department of Health Coronavirus Dashboard.
Wednesday March 18, 2020 UPDATE:
RE: COVID-19 The Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) have implemented new measures designed to protect residents of Skilled Nursing Centers. Until further notice, we are unable to allow any visitors, vendors and non-essential staff from entering the facility. Special exceptions may be made for end-of-life measures. Please call us at 863-763-2226 if you have ANY questions. All staff are being screened daily upon entrance, and other measures are in place to protect from the spread of COVID-19. We remain committed to protecting our residents from harm.
What Is Post-Hospital, Or Skilled Nursing Care?
After a hospital stay, your road to recovery might include skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. Skilled Nursing Care or “Post-Hospital” care may include short-term care for many different conditions. Post hospital, or skilled nursing care is a high level of medical care provided in an inpatient setting. Your treatment and length of stay will vary depending on your illness, injury or medical condition. Okeechobee Health Care Facility treats a wide range of patients transitioning from hospital to home. Let us help you with your journey after your hospital stay.
Our areas of treatment expertise include:
- Cardiac Care
- Diabetic Care
- Orthopedic & Joint Care
- Pulmonary Care
- Stroke & Neurological Care
- Wound Care
Our Levels of Caring
Our facility is designed to give you the specific type of care you are looking for. Service levels include:
Short-Term Care designed for short-stay rehabilitation patients transitioning from hospital to home.
Long-Term Care with a variety of long-term residential options featuring varying levels of care and independence.
Memory Care where patients diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or related dementia can receive specialized care and individualized attention in a skilled nursing environment.
Carefully Coordinated, Individualized Care
After a hospital stay, patients receive coordinated individualized care incorporating comprehensive medical services as well as a range of rehabilitation services designed to get the patient to a lower level of care.