COVID-19: CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019
Okeechobee Health Care Facility is doing “Whatever It Takes and Then Some” during America’s COVID-19 epidemic. We have always been dedicated to caring for our residents, and since the first week of March 2020, we have taken steps to put extra measures in place to keep them safe from contracting the deadly COVID-19. As new information is provide to us from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) or other regulatory agencies we immediately put these things in place for further prevention.
While the spread of the coronavirus has changed American’s daily lives, we understand that patients are still in need of quality skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. We are continuing to admit new patients to provide for their physical, emotional and social needs.
Here are some ways we have adapted to limit the spread of COVID-19:
• Each day when our staff arrive at work, they are screened, and their temperature is checked. Anyone exhibiting symptoms are immediately sent home for isolation.
• All vendors and providers are screened in the same manner and only allowed into the facility if their services are critical.
• All residents have been provided with masks.
• Resident education for COVID-19 is being provided via our Community Broadcast Channel 2 on all TVs.
• Our staff have been trained in proper infection control techniques.
• All of our staff are trained in the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• We continue to follow the latest Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) guidelines and have restricted guests to compassionate care cases regarding end-of-life situations.
• Our residents are not meeting in large groups. Instead, we are providing more one-on-one activities in their rooms.
• We are providing video chats through multiple venues, such as Zoom and FaceTime, and have several devices reserved for this use. If you would like to schedule a video call with your loved one, please call Donna Stiller (863) 763-2226, extension 4002.
• We are also updating our website regularly. Please visit us at www.okeechobeehealthcare.com.
Our residents remain our highest priority. For more information, you can call us at (863) 763-2226.